As you all know, hackers often spend 90% of the time attacking in order to search the target’s information. OSRFramework is a tool for searching information such as user name, domain name, phone number, DNS lookups, information leaks research, deep web search etc … faster, more efficient.
What is OSRFramework?
OSRFramework is a GNU AGPLv3+ set of libraries developed by i3visio to perform Open Source Intelligence tasks. They include references to a bunch of different applications related to username checking, DNS lookups, information leaks research, deep web search, regular expressions extraction and many others. At the same time, by means of ad-hoc Maltego transforms, OSRFramework provides a way of making these queries graphically as well as several interfaces to interact with like OSRFConsole or a Web interface.
OSRFramework is compounded by a series of different OSINT tools. Here there is a list of the different tools which can be found under osrframework folder:
– usufy.py: A tool that verifies if a username exists in 306 different platforms.
– mailfy.py: A tool to check if a username has been registered in up to 22 different email providers.
– searchfy.py: A tool to look for profiles using full names and other info in 7 platforms.
– domainfy.py: A tool to check the existence of a given domain in up to 1567 different TLD.
– phonefy.py: A tool that checks if a phone number has been linked to spam practices in 4 platforms.
– entify.py: A utility to look for regular expressions using 13 patterns.
Fast way to do it on any system for a user with administration privileges:
You can upgrade to the latest release of the framework with:
How to use OSRFramework?
which runs a GUI based on the HTTP server at http://localhost:30230 or use the Metasploit framework like console by running:
I will search information with name is ‘Quang Minh’:
There are also many other useful features on OSRFramework. You install and use it to explore other features of OSRFramework .
Please leave your comments to my article to be better. Thank you!