What is VPN ?
From Wikipedia VPN is:
A virtual private network, also known as a VPN, is a private network that extends across a public network or internet. It enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network.
When you connect to a VPN, you usually launch a VPN client on your computer (or click a link on a special website), log in with your credentials, and your computer exchanges trusted keys with a far away server. Once both computers have verified each other as authentic, all of your internet communication is encrypted and secured from eavesdropping.
In this post , I focus to habit of personal not for bussiness.
Some habbits you can get if you using VPN :
- You can get through the government’s firewall to browse restricted web sites (e.g. YouTube).
- You can disguise your IP address to hide your identity while surfing the Internet.
- You can protect yourself by utilizing its strong encryption while using public Wi-Fi.
How VPN( virtual private network ) works ?
VPN Connecting Two Remote Sites Across the Internet
Establishing one of these secure connections—say you want to log into your private corporate network remotely—is surprisingly easy. The user first connects to the public internet through an ISP, then initiates a VPN connection with the company VPN server using client software. And that’s it! The client software on the server establishes the secure connection, grants the remote user access to the internal network and—bing, bang, boom—you’re up to your elbows in TPS reports.
Many security protocols have been developed as VPNs, each offering differing levels of security and features. Among the more common are:
* Layer 2 tunnerling protocol( L2TP)/IPsec
* Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
* Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
3. ##### How to connect to VPN server
To actually create the VPN tunnel, the local machine needs to be running a VPN client. Open VPN is a popular—and free—multi-platform application, as is LogMeIn Hamachi. Windows users also have the option of using the native OS VPN client.
Follow below to know some ways connect to VPN :
– Fisrt you need a account or certificate to authentication , you can buy a server provide VPN service or earn some VPN free on the internet ( but quality may not good )
– If You using Windows OS you can access network settings to add VPN connect :
Then type type config :
- Connect using OpenVPN:
- Download and install OpenVPN client
- Copy VPN certificate you have in folder config :
- Then Open OpenVPNGUI to connect :